Note di Rilascio:
Our last Drupal 7 beta version was released about a
month ago. Today, we´re proud to announce the release of the second (and possibly final!) beta
version of Drupal 7.x for your further testing and feedback. The first alpha announcement provided a comprehensive list of improvements made since
Drupal 6.x, so in this announcement we´ll concentrate on how you can help ensure that Drupal 7 is
released as soon as possible and is as rock solid as the previous Drupal releases that you´ve grown
This release includes:
- Better error trapping during installation and upgrade
for various incompatible systems, based on error reports from folks newly trying out Drupal 7 on
various environments. We think we´ve caught all the ones we have so far, but please keep the reports
- Better support for exportables in the form of a new Form API type "machine_name" and format IDs
stored as strings rather than integers.
- Links can now participate in the D7 AJAX framework,
which was previously limited to forms.
- Raised minimum version of PHP to PHP 5.2.4, to
facilitate stream wrapper security.
- Numerous tweaks to basic navigation in the default
profile, to prevent information overload.
- Fixed a regression in Schema API that prevented
modules such as Date from adding to the column types supported by core.
- Profile module
no longer shows up on the module listing on new sites, in favour of fieldable user entities.
- Fixing of
numerous Bartik and Seven theme style & RTL bugs. There are still lots more, so please help get Drupal 7´s
new look and feel as polished as possible!